Post Conviction Relief
Post conviction relief is available after a criminal conviction. There are many types of post-conviction relief.
Our office can help with the following:
- Expungement - Dismiss after sentence or probation.
- Appeal - New jury or court trial after guilty verdict.
- Withdraw Plea - Undo guilty or no-contest plea.
- Re-sentencing - Reduce sentence based on new law.
Why Hire Us?
- Expertise of Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
- Friendly, dedicated, hard-working staff.
- Custom-designed case strategy.
- Confidentiality of your personal information.
- Collaborative decision-making.
- We believe in our clients.
Expungement allows a job applicant to state that he or she has never been convicted of a crime. It vacates a guilty plea or verdict and dismisses the case. However, expungement does not help when applying for law enforcement jobs, running for public office, or applying for citizenship.
Some changes to state law allow inmates to request a lessor sentence. The judge can re-sentence the inmate on other gulity counts, as long as the new sentence is less than the the original. Potentially, a re-sentenced inmate could be released for time served.